2 for 1 Meal - Balsamic Grilled Chicken and Veggie Kebobs, Meal #1
May 20, 2020
2 for 1 Meal! PART 1
My family loves to go camping! We hope to be able to go again soon. One of the joys of camping is looking forward to a dinner cooked over the fire. After a long day of hiking, nothing tastes better! This recipe is one of our favorite "go-to" camping recipes because there is very little clean up. You will love that part too! The campgrounds may still be closed but we can still enjoy this amazing dinner using the balsamic vinaigrette from my previous post. It gives the Kebobs such incredible flavor! Time to fire up that grill!
Veggies, cut into 2" pieces (whatever you have works great! We had peppers, onions, zucchini and eggplant)
Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe in previous post)
2 large Ziploc bags
1. Put your cut veggies into one bag and the cubed chicken in the other Ziploc bag.
2. Pour the balsamic vinaigrette over the veggies and chicken so that everything is coated.
3. Seal the bags and allow it to marinate for at least one hour.
4. Now it is time to make your skewers. I do chicken on one and veggies on the other to allow for different cooking times.
5. Start the grill, and keep turning those kebobs until fully cooked. I always add more fresh cracked pepper.
6. When the kebobs are done, take them off of the grill and enjoy with rice or couscous.
***If you have leftover veggies, make sure that you save them! I have a great recipe to share with you soon that totally transforms them!***
Note: If using wooden skewers, don't forget to soak them in water first.