2 for 1 Meal - Leftover Vegetable Gratin, Meal #2
May 21, 2020
2 for 1 Meal! PART 2
Turn leftovers into something "fancy"! Do you remember those yummy grilled vegetables from last night? Make sure that you grill a lot of veggies so that you can transform them into a quick Vegetable Gratin for your next meal! So easy and fast! It brings these leftover veggies to a whole new level!
5 cups leftover grilled veggies
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp flour, plus more for dotting
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat up the leftover veggies in a skillet.
3. Add butter.
4. Once butter has melted, sprinkle with flour and stir constantly for 3 minutes.
5. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until it turns into a creamy sauce.
6. Pour the creamy vegetables into a pie dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
7. Spread vegetables into a smooth layer.
8. Combine breadcrumbs and cheese in a bowl.
9. Sprinkle the cheese and breadcrumb mixture over top of the veggies and dot with a few pats of butter.
10. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden and bubbly.
Note: If you don't have leftover veggies, you can still make this delicious Vegetable Gratin. Just sauté veggies in butter until they are soft and continue with Step 4.