2 for 1 Meal - London Broil, Meal #1
April 16, 2020
2 for 1 Meal!! PART 1
We are all cooking WAY more that we ever have before. So let’s stretch out our meals for as long as we can! And at the same time, make our meals quicker and easier - all while avoiding the dreaded grocery store. Here’s a great way to get 2 meals out of an inexpensive London Broil. I paired with with some leftover polenta. And I always grill veggies when we have this.
London Broil (or flank steak - whatever you have will work)
Dried minced onion
1/4 cup oil (any kind will work)
1/4 cup vinegar (again, you pick the type of vinegar. I usually use red wine vinegar but was out so I used white)
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1. London Broil can be a tough piece of meat. So I hammer it like crazy with a meat tenderizer. Then I pierce it with a fork like crazy. And I mean CRAZY!!
2. Sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and minced onion on one side and press the spices in.
3. Flip it over and repeat with the seasonings on the other side.
4. Put the seasoned London Broil in a large Ziplock bag.
5. Whisk together the Dijon mustard, vinegar and oil (using a small Mason jar to shake it is even easier).
6. Pour into the bag, seal it and give it a good shake.
7. Refrigerate it for at least 3 hours and up to 24 hours. I like it better if it marinates for a long time.
8. Grill to your preference and then cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices and serve.
Save the leftovers for tomorrow’s meal! I usually save the middle portion since it is more rare than the ends.
Meal #2 is coming up soon!