3 for 1 Meal - Chicken and Quinoa Casserole, Meal #2
April 27, 2020
3 for 1 Meal!! PART 2
This Paula Deen chicken and rice casserole is one of my boys favorite dinners...
I had leftover chicken from my roasted chicken and leftover quinoa - so, I used those make this "healthier" casserole with ingredients that I had on hand. What makes Paula's recipe so good is the crunch of the water chestnuts. We were out so I chopped almonds to give it that same crunch and I used less mayo and subbed lite sour cream instead. It's such an easy dump, mix and go meal! Here is my version.
10.5 oz can of cream of "whatever you have" soup
1/2 jar of dices pimentos, 2 oz
2 (14.5) cans green beans, drained and rinsed
1 medium onion, diced
Olive oil cooking spray
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup lite sour cream
1 3/4 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup cheddar, shredded
3 cups leftover chicken, diced
1/4 cup almonds, chopped
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1/2 bag of Stove Top Stuffing crumbs, crushed
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a pan with olive oil spray and cook onions until translucent.
3. In a large bowl combine all ingredients above, except for the crushed stuffing.
4. Stir until combined and pour into a 9x13" casserole dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Spread out the casserole into one layer and top with the stuffing and spray the top with olive oil spray.
6. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbling.
Stay tuned for meal #3...