3 for 1 Meal - Chicken Schnitzel, Meal #1
May 11, 2020
3 for 1 Meal! PART 1
We usually make Pork Schnitzel but we are out of pork this quarantine. So Chicken Schnitzel it is! This is my family's most favorite comfort food ever. We first had it at an amazing German restaurant in Colorado and I knew that I had to perfect this recipe. Now, when the weather is chilly, we crave this meal. I never thought that I would be craving it in May but here we are...with another freeze warning for tonight. Feasting on Chicken Schnitzel with Jager Sauce and Spaetzle. Yum!
Boneless chicken breasts (or pork chops)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pound out the chicken as thin as you can.
2. Fill 3 dishes with eggs, flour and bread crumbs.
3. Dip the chicken in flour on both sides, then the egg and lastly the bread crumbs. Repeat.
4. Let the breaded chicken rest on a cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
5. In a skillet, add equal parts of oil and butter over medium high heat.
6. Add breaded chicken breasts to the oil and butter and cook until golden brown on one side.
7. Flip and cook on the other side until golden brown. Adding more butter and oil if needed.
8. When golden, remove and put on a cookie sheet.
9. Repeat until done. Sometimes you will have to clean out the skillet if bread crumbs are in there.
10. Keep Schnitzel warm in the oven at 200 degrees until they are all done.
Serve with Jager Sauce, Spaetzle and Red Cabbage (I usually make own but had a jar in my pantry that I needed to use). Gotta use all that we have! Hope that you love this as much as we do!!
Stay tuned for two more meals from this Schnitzel.