3 for 1 Meal - French Roasted Chicken, Meal #1
April 27, 2020
3 for 1 Meal!! PART #1
In quarantine, we are all looking for ways to avoid going to the grocery store and stretch out our food for as long as possible. Here is the first of three meals that you can get out of a simple roasted chicken. It is my boys favorite meal!
Whole roasting chicken
Herbs de Provence
Any fresh herbs that you might have. I used thyme.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pat the chicken dry and place into a roasting, breast side up.
3. Make sure that you have removed the gizzards from the cavity of the chicken.
4. Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the lemon, onion and herbs and tie the two chicken legs together.
5. Drizzle olive oil over the chicken and use your hands to make sure that the olive oil is distributed all over the skin.
6. Give a healthy layer of Herb De Provence and season with salt and pepper.
7. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, depending on the size of your chicken. You want the internal temperature of the chicken to be 170 degrees.
Note: you can toss carrots and onions in the roasting pan during the last 40 minutes, for an easy side dish.
Stay tuned for meal #2!!!