3 for 1 Meal - Inside Out Pizzas (ISOPS), Meal #3
April 21, 2020
3 for 1 meall!! PART 3
Have you ever heard of an “Isop”?! My husband grew up in Delco. Otherwise known as Delaware County. A county outside of Philly. If we are ever in the area, he always stops by a a pizza pub, on Route 1, to pick up some of their famous “Isops”. That and Jim’s Steaks😉. Back to the Isops...it is a delicious pizza pocket that is stuffed with cheese and sauce and thrown into the deep fryer! Sinfully delicious!!! Here is my somewhat healthier version that you can make at home. It’s just 3 ingredients that you probably have. And it’s SO easy - so take the night off and have the kids make dinner with this recipe!!
2 cans of crescent rolls
Sauce left over from meal #1 and meal #2
Mozzarella cheese, shredded (or whatever you have)
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Open the crescent rolls and use a pizza cutter to separate into triangles.
3. Use the palm of your hand to flatten the triangles out and make them bigger.
4. Place 8 flattened triangles onto a flat cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper. (I had to use two trays)
5. Spread the sauce onto the triangle but make sure that you don’t spread the sauce to the edge. Leave 1/4” margin.
6. Put cheese on top of the sauce.
7. Place the other 8 remaining triangles on top and crimp the￼￼ edges with a fork to keep the filling inside while cooking.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown.
Note: This recipe makes 8 Inside Out Pizzas
I hope that you enjoy this as much as my boys did! They are begging me to make it again. And my husband was so excited for his Delco “Isop”.