3 for 1 Meal - Potato and Corn Chowder, Meal #3
April 28, 2020
3 for 1 meal!! PART 3
It is time for us to get our third meal out of the French Roasted Chicken. Now that you have fresh homemade chicken stock it's time to grab that bacon that you put in the freezer and cook an easy slow cooker Potato and Corn Chowder that your family will love! My boys went back for seconds and thirds! And this is a great inexpensive meal - which is perfect at a time like this.
2 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
1/2 onion, diced
1 carrot, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
4 Yukon gold potatoes, diced into small squares
1 1/2 cups frozen or canned corn
4 to 4 1/2 cup chicken stock
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
1/4 tsp garlic powder
3/4 cup half and half
Shredded cheddar and chives (optional garnish)
1. Put potatoes, corn, celery, carrots, onion and bacon into your slow cooker.
2. Pour the chicken stock over top, so that it fully covers the veggies.
3. Add garlic powder and pepper. I wait and add salt at the end.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
5. Right before serving, taste to see if it needs more salt. Then add the half and half to the slow cooker and serve once it is heated up.
Serve garnished with fresh chopped chives and shredded cheddar cheese! Enjoy!