3 for 1 Meal - Slow Cooker Roast Pork Hoagie, Meal #1
May 2, 2020
3 for 1 Meal! PART 1
This super easy dinner will keep your family fed for days and it makes your house smell amazing! When we get out of quarantine, it is the perfect meal to make when entertaining a few families. Just make sure that you put it in the slow cooker at breakfast time because this large cut of meat takes all day to cook. And it's worth it!
8 lb Pork Shoulder Butt Roast
1 whole garlic head, peeled
1 bunch of rosemary
1 bunch of parsley
Kosher salt and pepper
1. In food processor, mince up the garlic.
2. Add rosemary and parsley to the food processor and whirl until it is all minced together into an herb paste.
3. Cut off the thick layer of fat from the pork and liberally salt and pepper all sides of the roast.
4. Spread the herb paste rub all over the roast, using it all.
5. Put the roast into the slow cooker abs cover. Cook all day. 8-10 hours, until it pulls apart easily with a fork.
6. Take roast out and shred with two forks.
7. Add shredded pork back into the slow cooker juices and serve on a roll with Provolone cheese - or whatever you have.
Note: This is delicious with broccoli rabe. We were out so I sautéed arugula with olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes. I think that like this topping even more! Leftovers are delicious!!