3 for 1 Meal - Spaghetti with Meatballs and Sausage aka "Gravy", Meal #1
April 21, 2020
3 for 1 Meal! PART 1
I hear you!! We feel like we are cooking around the clock these days! So let’s get the most that we can out of our meals. With this recipe, I will show you a way to get three different meals out of one starter recipe. Your family will love it!
1 tbsp olive oil
Sweet or hot Italian sausage
Cooked meatballs (see previous post to make your own or use frozen ones)
1/2 onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
6 oz. can tomato paste
14.5 oz. can diced tomatoes
28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
14 oz. water
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp dried basil
1 tbsp dried oregano
Salt and peper to taste
1. In a large pot, pour the olive oil and brown the sausage on medium-high. Once sausage is browned, remove and put it on a plate.
2. Sauté the onion in that same pan on medium, scraping up all of the brown bits from the sausage. This will give you great flavor.
3. Cook onions until translucent and add the garlic. Cook for one minute.
4. Add the tomato paste and combine.
5. Add diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes and half of a can of water. Stir to combine.
6. Add sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir.
7. Simmer and add the browned sausage. Don’t forget to add the juices from the plate for extra flavor.
8. Add meatballs and simmer on low for a few hours or even all day. This way all of the flavors from the meat cook into the sauce.
Serve with your favorite pasta! Or zucchini noodles.
Meal #2 and meal #3 are coming up later today! Stay tuned 😊