Air Fryer Spicy Broccoli with Pressure Cooked Quinoa
April 24, 2020
I know what you’re thinking...do I only eat comfort food during this quarantine? Well, mostly yes - BUT I have been having a craving for my favorite salad that I used to buy as a “treat” after work. It needs quinoa and spicy roasted broccoli - so let’s get out our kitchen gadgets and let them do all of the work. Super easy!
Air Fried Spicy Broccoli
1 head of broccoli chopped
Olive oil (or olive oil spray)
Red pepper flakes
1. Chop the broccoli up into small pieces and put on the air fryer tray in a big mound.
2. Drizzle the broccoli with oil and then sprinkle with salt and garlic powder.
3. Add the Sriracha and pepper flakes, according to how spicy you like things. My family loves spicy things!
4. Give the broccoli a good toss with your hands to make sure that it is coated well.
5. Spread out the broccoli and air fry at 425 degrees for a total of 9 minutes (giving it a stir halfway through.). My air fryer has a “roast” button so I used that.
To make the quinoa in the pressure cooker first spray with cooking spray. Then just add 1 cup quinoa, 1 1/2 cups of water and a pinch of salt into your cooker. Close the lid and valve and set your pressure cooker for two minutes. When the two minutes are up, let the PC do a natural release. When the PC opens naturally, you will have fluffy and healthy quinoa!!
These two make a great pair and go so well together!