"Any Bread" Breakfast Casserole
April 11, 2020
It’s Easter tomorrow! What are your breakfast plans? Casseroles are a breeze to make. I plan on making a bacon egg and cheese one for tomorrow. This week, I found a loaf of Nut Roll in our freezer from Christmas. It was a family tradition for me but boys don’t love it so I cut it up and made a breakfast casserole with it because they will eat anything if it’s covered in syrup!
Any extra bread that you have(rolls, croissants any thing goes!)
4 tbsp butter
6 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt 2 tbsp butter into a casserole dish.
3. Cube whatever bread you have on hand and add it to the dish.
4. Whisk together the eggs, milk and vanilla.
5. Pour egg/milk mixture over the bread cubes.
6. Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon on top, to taste.
7. Cut up the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and place on top.
8. You can keep it like this covered in the fridge overnight or bake it right away for about 30 minutes, until puffy and golden.
9. Serve warm, with syrup.
Note: You can use spray if you don’t want to use butter.
Will share the Bacon, Egg and Cheese casserole with you tomorrow.