Apple Strudel Mountain Pie
April 20, 2020
If you are looking for a “healthier” Mountain Pie Recipe. This one is for you. And you probably have everything in your pantry for it too! This makes 5-6 mountain pies.
1 tbsp butter
1/2 lemon (can omit if you don’t have any)
2 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel, core and dice the apples into small pieces and put into a bowl.
3. Squeeze the juice of half of a lemon onto the apples and toss with a spoon.
4. Add flour and stir until all of the apple pieces are coated.
5. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir￼ until it is evenly coated.
6. Melt butter into a pie dish.
7. Pour apples into the buttered dish and bake for 30-45 minutes, depending on the size of your apples. You want it to be bubbling and fork tender.
8. When it’s time to make the Mountain Pie, just butter two pieces of bread, fill with the strudel mixture, put it into the Mountain Pie maker and close it up.
9. Grill over the fire pit. And turn frequently. Keep checking it to make sure that it doesn’t burn. You want it to be golden brown.
Note: You can buy the pie makers on Amazon. If you don’t have one, you can make this recipe just like you would a grilled cheese - in a pan or in your air fryer too!