Bacon Egg and Cheese Breakfast Strata
April 13, 2020
Here is a great strata recipe that is super versatile. I made this one with bacon for Easter morning. But you can definitely sub in with any meat that you have...sausage or diced leftover ham is delicious with this recipe.
Strata Recipe with __________ and Cheese
1 loaf bread, diced into cubes
Meat of choice, cooked ( left over Easter ham, deli ham, sausage, crumbled bacon, etc. Whatever you have on hand )
8 eggs, beaten well in large bowl
2 cups milk
8 oz block of cheese, shredded
2 tsp dry mustard (can sub Dijon)
2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Add milk, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper to the beaten eggs and whisk together.
3. Spray a 9x13” pan with cooking spray.
4. Layer half of the bread, then half of the cheese and half of whatever meat you picked out.
5. Repeat with a second layer with the rest of you bread, cheese and meat.
6. Pour egg mixture over the top and cover.
7. Chill for an hour or overnight.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or so, until it is puffed and golden.