Broccoli and Cheddar Casserole
June 1, 2020
This is a recipe from my family's recipe book and it is a favorite. I love how versatile it is. You can serve it for breakfast, brunch, lunch or even as a side dish for dinner. You can double this recipe in a large casserole dish if you are entertaining or are feeding a large crew. This recipe is a perfect one for those shredded cheese ends! And is so yummy!
4 cups broccoli florets, chopped
1/2 cup onion, finely diced
5 tbsp butter
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup whipping cream or milk
1 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt the butter in a skillet.
3. Add the broccoli, onion, salt and pepper and cook until it slightly softens. Allow to cool.
4. In a bowl, beat together the eggs, cream, sugar and garlic powder together.
5. Add the broccoli mixture to the egg mixture and stir.
6. Spray a pie dish with cooking spray.
7. Pour the broccoli and egg mixture into the pie dish.
8. Top with the cheese and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
Best served warm.