May 8, 2020
I had so much fun canning Orange Marmalade for my friends yesterday. And the deliveries were one of the highlights of this quarantine. Such a treat to see friends safely from afar! Here is a simple breakdown of how to "can" You can buy everything that you need for it at your grocery store. Let's go and spread the JOY to our friends! ❤
1. Make your favorite jelly, sauce or preserves.
2. Use a funnel to spoon it into the Mason jar, leaving at least a half inch from the top.
3. Screw the lids on tightly.
4. Boil a large pot of water. It needs to to be deep enough to cover your jars with 2 inches of water.
5. When the water comes to a full boil, use the jar lifter to carefully put your jar into the water. And repeat.
6. Let your jar of goodies boil for 10 minutes.
7. Using the jar lifter, carefully take your jar out of the water and place on a heat proof surface. Remove all of your jars from the water.
8. Allow jars to cool. You will hear the prettiest "pings" from the jar as it cools, letting you know that your jar of goodies is preserved.