Cinnamon Apple Breakfast Bites
Updated: May 28, 2020
May 2, 2020
Remember the crusts that I cut off of my Cucumber Tea Sandwiches? I saved them for a delicious and easy breakfast today. This is also a good recipe for those loaf end pieces that nobody eats too.
Small apple, peeled and finely diced
Leftover bread, cubed
1 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray a 12 muffin tin with cooking spray.
3. Add a layer of cubed bread to the tin.
4. Put a layer of apples on top of the bread.
5. Add a pinch of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon to each "muffin".
6. Add another layer of bread and fill to the top.
7. In a bowl whisk the eggs, milk and cinnamon together.
8. Ladle the egg mixture over the bread, filling almost to the top.
9.Top with another pinch of brown sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
10. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until puffed and golden.
These are sweet as is and are delicious served with syrup too!!