May 17, 2020
My great-grandmother was known for her Cinnamon Rolls. My mother always talks about how delicious they were. A warm Cinnamon Roll is one of my favorite breakfast foods. It always brings me back to my beach vacations as a child. Where we would wait in line at the bakery for fresh, warm Cinnamon Rolls. There is nothing better! Since I always have the "Master Recipe" in my fridge, I decided to try making them with it and I am glad that I did!
"Master Recipe" courtesy of Zoe Francis and Jeff Herzberg:
Grapefruit size piece of dough from "Master Recipe"
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbsp milk
1. With floured hands, cut off a grapefruit size piece of dough.
2. On a floured surface, roll the dough into a 10x12" rectangle.
3. Mix together the brown sugar, butter and cinnamon and spread on the dough.
4. Roll the dough completely into a log.
5. Cut the roll into 10 equal pieces.
6. Spray two pie dishes with cooking spray.
7. Place 5 rolled dough pieces in each pie dish.
8. Cover and allow to rise for at least an hour.
9. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes.
10. While it is baking, create your glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk in a bowl.
11. When the Cinnamon Rolls are done baking, spoon the glaze over them.
Serve warm and enjoy!!