Classic Baked BLT
Updated: May 26, 2020
May 16, 2020
Sometimes the simple recipes are the best! And BLT's are one of them because it is just the most perfect combination of fresh flavors. Every year my brother sends us Neuske's bacon for Christmas and it is such a treat! I have been saving the peppered bacon in my freezer until I found a tomato deserving of it and I think that I did! Look at this gorgeous red and juicy tomato! When you bake your bacon in your oven, you can work on assembling the rest of your sandwich while it is cooking. So much easier than standing over the stovetop.
Bread, lightly toasted
Mayonnaise, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil. This will make clean up so much easier.
3. Put a cookie rack on top and layer the bacon in a single layer.
4. Bake for 17-25 minutes, depending on how crispy you like your bacon. I like it crispy.
5. Place cooked bacon on a plate lined with a paper towel. Then add to your sandwich of bread, mayo, lettuce and tomato.
Yum! Tastes like Summer!
Note: You can also sub avocado for the mayo