Creamy Tomato and Spinach Bow Tie Pasta with Chicken
April 29, 2020
Tonight was a "clean out the fridge" dinner. I had an opened package of light cream cheese, a half on an onion and half a bag of spinach that needed to be used. So I threw together this quick and easy pasta dinner that my family loved!! No leftovers at all!
2 Chicken breasts, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp oregano
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
6 oz light cream cheese
1/2 bag of fresh spinach, chopped
12 oz box Farfalle, cooked
Fresh parm and basil to garnish (optional)
1. Boil water and cook pasta Al dente. Set aside.
2. Marinate chicken in Italian dressing for at least 30 minutes.
3. Pour the chicken into a large skillet on the stove top and cook on medium high until chicken is cooked.
4. Remove chicken and set aside.
5. In that same skillet, lower heat to medium and add onions. Cook until translucent, scraping up the chicken bits for extra flavor. Add more olive oil if needed.
6. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
7. Add cans of tomatoes, sugar, basil, oregano, salt and pepper and stir.
8. Add diced cream cheese and stir until melted and sauce is super creamy.
9. Add spinach and cook until just wilted.
10. Toss in chicken and cooked pasta and stir until combined.
11. Plate and top with some fresh basil and Parmesan cheese.