"Holiday" Make Ahead Potatoes
April 26, 2020
Everyone probably has their own version of this "make ahead" mashed potatoes that has been passed down in their family. This recipe makes holidays so much easier because you can make them the day before. And if you add more milk and cream cheese, this Holiday Potato recipe can even be frozen. You know that I am all about cooking once and eating twice...3 or 4 times. So double up this recipe. Eat it for dinner and freeze the rest for another time.
6 small Yukon gold potatoes (or whatever you have but these have such a pretty color), peeled and diced into 1" chunks.
4 garlic cloves, smashed and skins removed
4 tbsp butter, sliced
2-3 tbsp milk
1/2 cup sour cream
2-3 oz cream cheese, diced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Add diced potatoes and garlic to a large pot, filled with water.
2. Put on stovetop and let water come to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes, until fork tender.
3. Drain the potatoes and add to a mixer.
4. Add butter and milk and mix with mixer.
5. Scrape down the sides and season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the sour cream and cream cheese and mix again, until smooth and fluffy. You don't want go over beat it or it turns pasty.
Serve as a side or freeze/refrigerate to use later.
Note: when reheating, dot with butter and give a pretty sprinkle of paprika for color.