April 11, 2020
I was just about to make meatballs and we are out of seasoned bread crumbs. Time to clean out the bread drawer! Homemade breadcrumbs are super easy to make and are a great way to use up all of the bread ends that my boys won’t eat. We can’t let anything go to waste these days.
Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
Any leftover bread...at ALL! Even threw in the bagel skinny’s that we didn’t like. Crumbs don’t discriminate! They are just excited not to be thrown away 😜
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Tear bread up into little pieces and put on a cookie sheet.
3. Bake until the bread feels dry and crispy, about 15-18 minutes.
4. Put bread into the food processor.
5. Add Italian Seasonings (basil and oregano) and garlic salt. I had 6 cups of bread and used a teaspoon of each.
6. Pulse until the bread turn into crumbs.
Use in your favorites recipes!
Store in an airtight container in the freezer.