Homemade Slow Cooker Chicken Stock
April 28, 2020
We can't let any food go to waste. So pull out the bag of frozen veggie scraps that you have been saving and your slow cooker/pressure cooker. And let's use that leftover chicken carcass to make the most delicious chicken stock ever! I prefer using the slow cooker because it makes the house smell amazing!!
1. Put your chicken, onion, carrots, celery and some whole peppercorns into your slow cooker.
2. Fill it to the top with water and give a sprinkle of kosher salt. Go light on the salt as you can always add more later.
3. Cook all day or overnight.
4. Taste and see if it needs more salt.
5. With a strainer take out the large chicken and veggie pieces.
6. Then ladle the stock through a sieve into containers.
7. Chicken stock freezes great! So I like to do different size containers to use for different recipes.
Time to make a big pot of soup!!!