May 24, 2020
This is my family's recipe for flank steak. Growing up, we would have this as our "steak dinner" because it was a cheaper cut of meat. Well, now it is a bit pricier so I decided to use the family recipe on a London Broil and I am so glad that I did. It gave the London Broil so much flavor! I know that a lot of grills will be fired up this weekend so I wanted to share this recipe with you....
Garlic salt or garlic powder
Fresh cracked pepper
1. If using a London Broil, I pierce it like crazy with a fork and hammer it to tenderize.
2. Take the meat and score it in one inch cross hatches (see photo and illustration). This scoring also tenderizes the meat.
3. Sprinkle both side with garlic salt and fresh cracked pepper.
4. Place the meat in a large Ziploc bag and pour soy sauce over it so that the meat is coated nicely.
5. Close bag and let the meat marinate for at least one hour.
6. Fire up the grill and cook to how well done you like your steak.
7. Remove from the grill and let the meat rest for 5-10 minutes and then cut across the grain and slice thinly.