Meatloaf in the Spring?
April 26, 2020
From "Summer on a Plate" to the ultimate comfort food dinner of meatloaf with mashed potatoes and peas in just 24 hours. What happened to our Spring weather? I never thought that I would be making meatloaf at the end of April but here we are...crazy!
My meatloaf is a mix between two different recipes. I absolutely love the glaze off of Paula Deen's meatloaf but prefer the Lipton "Souperior Meatloaf" but I don't exactly follow it. This Pittsburgh girl LOVES her Heinz ketchup. So I don't add water and add more ketchup, of course!!!
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp Heinz ketchup
2 tbsp yellow mustard
1 envelope soup mix
2 lbs ground beef
3/4 cup breadcrumbs(if you are out of breadcrumbs, don't forget my previous post about making your own)
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4-1/2 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine all of the meatloaf ingredients with your hands until combined.
3. Spray a 9×13" pan with cooking spray.
4. Form meat mixture into a loaf.
5. Combine glaze mixture in a bowl and brush generously over the meatloaf.
Glaze recipe courtesy of Paula Deen
Meatloaf recipe based on Lipton Onion Soup Recipe