Nana's Chocolate Mousse
May 10, 2020
In honor of it being Mother's Day, I am sharing my great-grandmother's Chocolate Mousse recipe with you. It only has 3 ingredients and is our dessert for holidays and special occasions. Just a warning for those who it might bother, it does call for raw eggs. I only buy super farm fresh eggs and have never had a problem. And Nana lived to a nice old age making this special treat. We love this dessert!
12 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup water
5 egg yolks, slightly beaten
7 egg whites
Pinch of salt
1. Melt the chocolate chips and water in a heat proof bowl over simmering water.
2. When melted, remove from heat and beat until smooth. Cool.
3. When the chocolate mixture is cool, whisk in the egg yolks.
4. In a mixer, whip egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture.
6. Pour into serving dishes.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate before serving.