Peaches and Cream Breakfast Casserole
May 13, 2020
Is your house like mine? Where nobody ever eats the end pieces of bread? Or do your kids cut the crusts off of their sandwiches? Do not throw it away! I always keep a bread bag with the pieces that don't get used and wait until I have enough to make something with it. This time I used the leftover bread to make this sweet treat for breakfast. It is also a great way to use any frozen fruit that you have sitting in your freezer. My boys ate this casserole up on one sitting!
6 cups bread, cubed
1 cup frozen peaches, diced (or whatever you have. Blueberries or raspberries would work great too!)
6 eggs, beaten
1 cup heavy cream(or milk)
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Add your bread and peaches to the dish.
4. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream and vanilla.
5. Ladle the egg mixture over the bread trying to cover it all.
6. In a bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over top of the bread and eggs. (at this point you can either cover and refrigerate overnight or bake right away)
7. Bake, uncovered, for 40-45 minutes. Until it is puffed and golden. Serve warm.
Note: For an easy breakfast treat, this recipe can be prepared the night before. And then you can just bake it the next morning.