Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread Pizza
April 25, 2020
Pizza has been our biggest quarantine treat. But with three hungry and growing boys, we are now a 3 pizza family and it's getting expensive. Making pizza at home is so easy and inexpensive!
There was the best flatbread pizza place next to where I used to work. I am missing that pizza big time! The combination of flavors is just perfection! I hope that you like it as much as we do...
For the dough, used the "Master Recipe" from the "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" cookbook (see my last post for directions).
"Master Recipe" dough, grapefruit sized ball
1. Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
2. On a floured surface, roll out the dough as thin as you can. Like super thin! I like to make it rectangular in shape so that it fits the cookie sheet. Can use a pizza stone if you have it.
3. Sprinkle a layer of cornmeal on the cookie sheet. This will give a good crunch to the crust and will keep it from sticking.
4. Transfer the dough to the cookie sheet and spread the tomato sauce to the edges.
5. Spread out a layer of arugula, then mozzarella and lastly, the prosciutto.
6. Bake in oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
7. Drizzle on the balsamic glaze and top with more fresh arugula. Enjoy!!