Red White and Blue Breakfast Cake
Updated: Jul 3, 2020
May 24, 2020
Are you looking for a quick and special breakfast to serve on Memorial Day? This breakfast cake is perfect! Especially with it being strawberry season! We planned to save it for tomorrow's breakfast but we couldn't resist having a slice tonight too.
1 stick of butter, softened
2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla
3 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup blueberries
1 cup strawberries, diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Sift together your flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl. If you don't have a sifter, just give a good stir with a fork.
3. In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, sugar and eggs together.
4. Add the vanilla and milk and mix some more.
5. Slowly add the bowl of dry ingredients to the mixer. Careful not to over beat.
6. Add the berries to the bowl and fold them in lightly.
7. Spray a Bundt pan with cooking spray.
8. Pour the cake batter into the Bundt pan.
9. Bake for 55, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
10. Let the pan rest for 20 minutes and then carefully flip onto a platter.
Enjoy and Happy Memorial Day!
If you have any leftovers from breakfast, save them and turn them into an elegant trifle dessert!
I love it when you can cook once and get two meals out of it! Breakfast and dessert! Check❤!