3 for 1 Meal - Pork Carnitas, Meal #2
Updated: Jun 20, 2020
May 2, 2020
3 for 1 Meal! PART 2
I have a confession...I am not a fan of leftovers. At all!! But if I can turn it into a new meal, I am all in! We have to stretch these meals out! I took the Slow Cooker Roast Pork that I made two days ago and turned that leftover meat into delicious Pork Carnitas. Dinner in 5 minutes! What could be better?! And my huge Mexican food craving was satisfied! WIN, WIN!!
5 cups leftover Slow Cooker Roast Pork recipe (or you could sub leftover chicken)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp paprika
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Juice of 1 lime
Juice of 1 orange (I used 2 Cuties because that is what we had)
1. Turn your broiler on in your oven.
2. On your stovetop, heat up the oil in your oven proof skillet and add leftover pork.
3. Add seasonings.
4. Pour lime and orange juice over the pork and stir until heated through.
5. Place pork under the broiler until it starts to get a little crispy.
6. Remove from oven and serve with your favorite toppings. We used cheese, pea shoots and yummy Mango Salsa
Note: If you don't like spicy foods, just leave pit the red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper.
Original Recipe from Meal #1:
Please see previous posts for recipes for the Slow Cooker Roast Pork, Mango Salsa and Homemade Flour Tortillas